Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Monday 12 August 2013

finding a way to make it work for creative expressions DT

well today I have a post for Creative Expressions and am still playing with texture paste,I love steampunk so that features too...but it is a card! I am by no means a true cardmaker and there are many out there far more skilled than me , but as cards go I am happy with this...lets see  what you think!?

So here is my make :

I started by cutting a piece of mountboard to the size of the card, as this would take me messing around with inks and paints better than card, but heavy cardstock would be fine. I applied silver texture paste through a great netting stencil. Then I added some distress stains swipes in tarnished brass and black soot...these are just to colour the background.


I then set too with my beloved distress paints, again black soot and tarnished brass, applied to the craft sheet and spritzed and smooshed in. then I heated to dry, which makes the texture paste bubble and pit, great for this type of piece, for a smooth finish, avoid heating.


 
the next step was to add some more layers , I used some great steampunk stamps and inked in clear and embossed with black detail embossing powder.



I continued this randomly all over the background. Then stamped the main pieces in black archival and coloured up using distress inks in black soot and rusty hinge.I then spritzed and dabbed off.

 
Now for the cogs, I die cut some cogs and added texture paste in a bumpy manner and left to dry. When dry, I applied some tarnished brass distress paint and then some black soot using my finger tip .


 a few film strip die cuts and the card is complete..

 
So hope you like my texture paste step by step make, 

have a fun and inky day!
trace x 

23 comments :

  1. That's lush! Love it Trace! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you have just proved to make fabulous Cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work Trace. I love how you have captured the industrial setting too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great steampunk make Trace, the close up photos show all the subtle textures so well, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pop it onto a blank card and hey presto! A real gem of a topper Trace. Love the texture and technique filled layers which balance each other so well. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a wonderful collage, I'm really fascinated how many elements you've combined.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Trace, love the texture Nd your stencilled background. Great Steampunk creation. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background is great (I´ll have to get a go with the texture paste again...) Think the filmstrips work beautifully! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trace...this is such a cool piece! I love it ALL! I'd never seen that sentiment before but I LOVE it! I really like your dimensional background. You did such an outstanding job with the texture paste to build up such interesting dimension. I also love how you added bits of metallic color here and there over the black base. Very effective! The torn stamped image of the gentleman and the kraft film strip die cuts are also very cool. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks amazing. What a shame a lot of the silver net is covered up--I loved that effect you created

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic Trace - wonderful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Trace, that netting stencil looks wonderful in the background and love that heat embossed black pattern too. The man and the words are brilliant - love your steampunk card. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anyone who receives your card should be thrilled. I really don't think anyone can do steampunk like you can - well maybe Mr. Tim but just maybe! I do appreciate your steps for creating this and I think it's amazing that anything shows through - but it does, doesn't!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow sandy that is a huge compliment, thanks hugs trace x

      Delete
  14. Um well, like...mmmm.....nope. LOVE it !! It is Steampunk cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous texture, colour and elements all layered together beautifully. A great card Trace.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Trace, Wow !! I love it, the composition and the textures, I love everything about this card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Trace - this is one sensational card! Truly awesome steampunk work.

    I'm sorry to have been missing recently but there was a crisis that completely absorbed me. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous grungy canvas - all those layers are fabulous... and a brilliant quote too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cool, that's a gorgeous card, great textured background and fab images.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE it. The textures look amazing & I bet they feel even better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your composition, Trace, and that quote! Wonderful BG too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x