Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Sunday 11 August 2013

creating for pleasure..part 2

well here I am with details of the next two tags I made for the Friday focus for Frilly and Funkie and as promised here are a few more of the details of how number 3 and 4 were made, will be back later with number 5 and 6. 
I also want to say a huge thank you to everyone who takes the time to stop by and be part of my crafty journey and also for following and leaving such wonderful comments, it means such a lot as I know everyone is so busy..........so Thank You xx

Tag 3 and 4: both these use embossing diffusers and texture fades.

I have had diffusers for a while but not rally played with them, and now love them, know when time allows I will playing some more, and also have the new ones to be released on my wish list.

Tag 3 :


Embossing diffusers come in a set of three and have the inside and outside frame parts..they allow you to create fab new effects with texture fades by allowing you to only emboss parts of the folders . All the instructions for use are included.


 For this tag I chose the ruler texture fade and an embossing diffuser..( the picture also shows the tag for tag 4 ), which allowed me to emboss just the outside leaving a flat oval in the middle, great for stamping of adding other pieces too and gives the folder a completely different look .


Once I had embossed using the ruler folder and diffuser, I was inked up the tag using vintage photo and then walnut stain over the top. A bit of spritz and flick and then I stamped the dress form ( I know slightly wonky!!ggrrr) I also over stamped some of the sewing pieces randomly as I love creating this layered look..(using the haberdashery set).


 I finished the tag with idea-ology, here I used an enamelled tag and applied random pieces of sewing themed rub ons. I also added some ruler ribbon and some small flowers dipped in clear UTEE in the melt pot.
I also add a couple of chit chat stickers, inked with walnut stain


I added some lace ribbon, another flower and one of Linda's lovely rusty hearts , some rusty wire and a safety pin, oh and some dyed muslin.


Tag 4:

For this tag I wanted to see if with careful feeding through I could use the inside bit of the diffuser folder and yes, I could...giving the un-embossed piece around the edge and leaving a great embossed oval in the centre.


For this tag I used the insert for the embossing diffuser, this does take a bit of time to line up..using the same embossing folder as the tag above, giving just an embossed piece in the middle ( or wherever you decide) I also played with other things that can be embossed....


This time I stamped the dress form onto sticky backed canvas and also stamped some of the pieces from the set onto cardstock using frayed burlap....


I added, these stamped elements,I spritzed lightly with water to soften the stamping on the sewing labels, I also added some of Linda's fab themed sewing embellishments, these gorgeous scissors and some mini spools wrapped with rusty wire...what every great seamstress needs right?! And a rusty safety pin...love these!Then onto more embossing...I made flowers using embossed canvas and layers of crinoline plain and the dyed using stains, topped a button.


I also embossed some seam binding, I coloured with distress stains and some distress paint and then used thin stitch embossing folder and embossed.It holds the design really well.Some venise lace and rusty wire complete tag 4.

I will be back later in the week with tag 5 and 6.x

We are off to to see some car racing today!
have a fun and inky day!
trace x

and thanks ....for stopping by xx



have added to links for all the six tags.xx

18 comments :

  1. Terrific ideas and very beautiful embellishments on both tags.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so beautiful Trace. Your attention to detail is amazing and the diffusers add a real twist to the design of them both. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tags Trace - I love how you have used the diffusers for different effects. I've not used mine for ages either so thanks for some great inspiration. Have a great day at the racing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks or sharing the details of how you made these fabulous tags Trace. Hope you are enjoying your days out with the family,
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both gorgeous Trace, wow, I love every piece of them, and their rustet and shabby look!!
    xo,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Trace, two fabulous tags! I have not seen or heard of those diffusers, but they look like a fab idea, and what you did with them is amazing! Love how you have added all these wonderful sewing elements and other bits and pieces, both tags look just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard to pick - but I think the second one just edges it for me! They're both exquisitely done, but I love that oval of embossing - a brilliant detail, as is the embossed layer in the flower... just perfect!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are fabulous Trace - love this idea - not seen 'diffusers before but will look out for them! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the list of used items gets longer and longer... The result is beautiful! Puts me on to use my embossing folders more! Thanks for that inspiration! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...gorgeous Trace, all the elements are just perfect for this Tag and put together so beautifully, love the tape ribbon, Tim Holtz is genius!!... :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous post, loved all the super details and additions on the tags.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Trace, your tags are always stunning and these two are no exception. I love how you used the diffusers (must use mine more) and the dress form on the sticky back canvas looks amazing, as do all the embellies. Hope you all enjoyed the car racing! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Trace,

    I love both of these tags! Thank yo for the tutorial on using the interesting embossing folders. I haven't done any crafting in months.... hopefully I'll get in the groove real soon.
    Peace,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad I signed up to follow your blog. I love your work. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing with us. The tags are amazing. I loved all four of them and look forward to seeing more of your work. I hope you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting technique Trace. My favorite is tag #4 - I think Linda carries the perfect embellishments for your style!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your vintage creations are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are so gorgeous!!!!! The diffusers are such a clever idea & I'm ashamed to say I've never used mine. :( But I will!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, these are two wonderful tags. Great details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x