Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Saturday 17 August 2013

on gossamer wings for Creative Expressions DT

well here is my latest make for Creative Expressions DT (  have you seen they are having a DT call...details here ) using some great coloured drawing inks. I wanted to see what else. I could do with these and have had some fun playing around...on this piece ...I have used them to colour texture paste, ink up stamps and stamp with them, make backgrounds and colour seam binding...

so here is my make :


I started by using the drawing inks to create the background, I squiggled them onto the craft sheet and spritzed with water  the dragged tag through, as with wrinkle free distress. I dried and then re-added more colour until happy. When dry dry I edged with mowed lawn distress ink.


To complete the background I inked up a script stamp with the drawing ink and stamped randomly. Then dried and added some dots through tiny dots stencil using broken china distress ink. I tore off the bottom edge and inked this also.

Now onto the image...I stamped this with olive archival and clear embossed. I then painted with the drawing inks, they are great for fine detail as they have such fine brushes.


I inked the edges with broken china distress ink and tore pieces .


The seam binding was spritzed with water and then I applied dots of drawing inks and more water and scrunched and dried.

I will be back late next week with another make with these drawing inks...

have a fun and inky day!
trace  x


24 comments :

  1. What a beautiful and delicate effect the drawing inks have. Love the subtle colours and the way you can get so much detail. Great tutorial/make here Trace. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice effect with the drawing inks, great colours
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful, fresh summer colours and image make this a perfect tag

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag Trace. I love the colours. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These inks sound very interesting, I might have to investigate them. I love your design Trace, the colours are lovely and I love the vintagey watercolour effect. Like a blue tea stain. Love it. Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's Fab hun! Love those colours together. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colours trace - looks like you had lots of inky fun x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful new tag, love the combinations.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely way to use the inks Trace, love how you used them in the background, for stamping and colouring your seam binding too. Lovely piece and I love the dragonfly. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trace, I love the look that those drawing inks create. Your tag is a real beauty! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous fresh colours Trace - you have worked these very versatile inks brilliantly. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, fabulous tag, love the colours and those super stamps.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! The drawing inks have such a nice soft color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these inks look wonderful! I adore the background you created and the finished tag is just beautiful! Love those soft green tones!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Trace, love the colours and how you painted that gorgeous dragonfly.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fresh tag! The background works perfect for the dragonfly piece!Have an inky, fun sunday, Gerrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such gorgeous inky effects - the tinting on the dragonfly looks amazing, as does the background. Off to check out these Drawing Inks of yours!! Beautiful, beautiful tag - love those torn edges too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this stamp Trace and the colours you have used make a beautiful tag.
    Thanks for visiting yesterday.
    Ann B
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous tag!
    groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  21. This stamp is so amazing Trace...it looks great on this tag with the gorgeous background.

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another lovely way to use that super stamp Trace - the drawing inks really show off the fine detail. Gorgeous make! Jenniex

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a pretty tag Trace. Lovely colours :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x