Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Tuesday 27 August 2013

have courage... for CountryViewCrafts DT

well the challenge over at Country View Crafts challenge site is nearly over but you have a few days still to enter and the theme is a quote or quotation... so this time I yet again went for another Tim Holtz stamp for my piece and another favourite quote. 

So here is my make :



For this piece I played an no where near accomplished some of the fab techniques that the wonderfully talented Astrid has a full grasp of...her wonderful blog can be found here. So I tried and experimented with adding layers of stamped tissue, texture paste, stamping and much more.

So for today I will let the pictures do most of the talking!

 
Here various layers of texture paste was built up, painted and then brushed with treasure gold. The faint butterfly was stamped and dabbed off to try and give a very soft feel. Believe me I have a LONG WAY to go!


 Here I added this layer towards the end, using grunge paste coloured with paint and then brushed with treasure gold. where as the other layers were painted over.

 
 
Hopefully this shows up the layers and this fab quote! Sometimes I am not sure I have enough courage..

we will be back on the first of the month which our next challenge x

So to all my wonderful blog friends and friends who are off to work with the Crafty master that is Tim Holtz and spend time with him and Mario....have a ball wish I was there and cannot wait to see what you all get up to ...have everything crossed that one day....it may be me, who is lucky enough to have the honour of watching my crafty hero at work! He really is a true inspiration and I am sure you will come back buzzing!! Enjoy xx

 
have a fun and inky day!
trace  x
 

17 comments :

  1. Fabulous! Love it! I'm not taking one of Tim's classes either (my elbow's not up to that yet...!) but I have taken one before and know how good they are! We'll just have to admire from afar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous textured work of art Trace, love the layers and colours and that fab quote. You already have the courage to imagine so every possibility is yours....... One day.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trace this is totally stunning!! To my eyes you have these techniques down to a t! I love the subtle textures you have achieved and the wonderful soft colours!! And yes, this is one of my all time favourite quotes too!

    Like you I will be thinking of everyone on Thursday and looking forward to seeing the photos, and who knows, maybe one day our turn will come too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You´re so far ahead of me with the layering! I think this is beautiful! Love the butterfly that shows just through and the layering on the background. I see you did the same with the be...worked out well. Have a sunny week! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful piece Trace. Love the texture and colours. Fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trace, this is gorgeous, I love how you added the layers and the muted background and butterfly are so beautiful!

    I share your thoughts about the Master and hope that our lovely mutual friends have a wonderful time! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hanging with lovely texture and earthy colours Trace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Trace. Astrid will be thrilled that you have tried her tutorials and she is such a talented artist as well. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a terrific job! I too am always awe struck with Astrid's work.
    You are also a creative and imaginative artist. I would love to do the stuff YOU do!!!
    I really like the quote you chose and based on all I have seen of you to date I would say you are full of courage!!!

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Trace - you really have got some gorgeous textures. I think we are all fascinated and awe struck by Astrid's amazing work, but I have learnt so much from your wonderful and imaginative projects as well. I didn't even now TH was in the UK! - think I must have been on another planet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a wonderful piece of art, great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly scrumptious my dear! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful neutral color and texture here! Love Astrid's makes...she will be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trace this is beautiful -- I don't know how you could ever improve it!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's beautiful, Trace - so delicate and lovely, and the layers give it such depth and texture.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Trace and I love the colour scheme you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x